Can't find my mojo

On Monday I came back from a wonderful vacation in my beautiful island of Puerto Rico. There, my husband and I spent ten days enjoying the beach, the weather, and the company of family and friends that were with us at one point or another.

We spent some time with our friend Elba Vázquez at Brisas de Cidra Guest House. We went to Naguabo, a beautiful town that we had never been to, saw some of the most amazing sunsets, and had fresh and delicious seafood accompanied by mojitos. We spent some time in San Juan, visiting places we had been with the girls when we went last summer. And then we went to my hometown, Arecibo, where I visited family and friends, and spent some amazing time as well.  

Throughout our stay there, we tried to incorporate exercising as much as we could. We did not obsess about it; after all, we were on vacation, and the point was to relax. But we walked quite a bit, used our bands for strength training, and even used the fitness room at one of the hotels. It was a great feeling when I met with my classmates from my middle school and one of their first comments was about the weight I had lost. And while at the beach or at the pool, I was very comfortable in my bathing suit, which had not happened in many years.

A year ago, I would have immediately deleted this picture.
Now I look at is as a source of inspiration. I can do it!
But something has happened since I came back from vacation. I just can't find the energy to keep going with my exercise routine. While in Puerto Rico, I joined the 12 Week Shape Up Challenge as my next goal after having completed the 30 for 30 challenge. I loved the idea of having a workout routine designed already instead of having to come up with new ones, which always presented a challenge. This program seems to have all the necessary components to achieve good results. I was very motivated, but now, having returned from vacation and slowly but surely getting back into the daily routine, I just can't seem to get into the mood of starting this. Why is it?


"Make yourself stronger than your excuses"
Fitness Inspiration for Women on Facebook

Andrew tells me we are tired, that we need to wait a bit until we get acclimated. I am inclined to believe that this is the case because it is not like I am giving up; I miss working out a lot, I just can't find the energy to do it. Today has been a beautiful day in Chicago, and it made me think of running out in the park again; this is something I truly enjoy - the morning runs, the contact with nature,  saying "hi" to other runners that we find in our route. So I am looking into these little things as signs that I just need a short break before I spring into action again. I hope that next week, when I write my blog again, I can tell you that I have already started the new challenge; that I found my mojo again, and that I am not letting go of it for the next 12 weeks. I need it.

Comments

  1. Please, could you give me the street or mailing address for Elba at Brisas de Cidra. I wish to send her a deposit for my stay, but did not write down the address she gave me correctly. Gracias. -ben (perlcapt@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2018 is indeed my year! - A report on Resolution #1

Moving Forward

Is that you, Rosa?